I'm pretty much out of excuses for not keeping up with pictures, so I won't even try. Here are some of the latest pictures chronicling the adventures of Samarah (and mommy & daddy). Enjoy!
Mom & Baby Samarah are doing well.. we're all looking forward to going home later this week and starting a new chapter in our lives as a family. Samarah sends her love to all her friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas. More pictures to follow.
Wow - what a day! Kaniz and I are still in a state of disbelief that we have a beautiful little baby daughter. After the delivery, which went really well, Kaniz and I got to spend some time together with Samarah, who (and this may be biased) is absolutely adorable. Even though she had a low birth weight (4 lbs, 9 oz), she got to stay with us for a few hours because her body temperature was good and her blood sugar levels were decent. Unfortunately, her blood sugar level dropped a little late morning when we moved into our recovery room on the 4th floor, so Samarah had to be admitted into the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) nursery for 24-hour monitoring. Thankfully, it's not as serious as it sounds - the hospital staff are being extra cautious, given the recent issues that Kaniz had with hypertension.. The care here at Women's College has been fantastic, and we both know that Samarah is being well looked after in the NICU. The only disappointing thing is that due to Kaniz...
Ok, so I feel like I'm cheating a little bit here by posting six months worth of pictures at once, but this is the only way I have a remote chance of catching up. As you can see from the pictures, the Rizvi family definitely had a busy few months.. between birthdays, engagement parties, anniversaries, and family outings, we kept a full social calendar. Also, as you can tell from the picture above, Samarah and Syra are really starting to play well together. Ok, maybe 'well' isn't the right word, but they do have their moments. Syra definitely has a more forceful personality, which effectively neutralizes the size advantage Samarah has. I'm sure the fighting will only escalate as they get older. Stay tuned. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures from Jan-June, 2011!
Comments